- 1/2 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt; more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. finely ground black pepper; more to taste
- 2 Tbs. good quality olive oil
- 4 white fish fillets, preferably loin pieces ((You can substitute cod or striped bass)
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Line a small baking sheet with foil and lightly grease the foil (spray is fine).
- Chop the pistachios into medium-fine pieces. Combine the nuts, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss with a fork until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- If using fillets with tapered ends, loosely fold the ends under to create a fillet of even thickness. Spread the top of each fillet evenly with the mustard. Press the mustard-coated side of each fillet into the crumb mixture to generously coat the fish. Set the fillets, coating side up, on the prepared pan lined wth parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the fillets to form a thick coating.
- Bake the fillets until the topping is crisp and browned and the fish is cooked through, 10 to 12 min., depending on the thickness.
Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 1 cup cold butter (cut into 16 cubes)
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lemon juice, wine, and shallots to a boil. Continue boiling the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens slightly.
2. Add the crème fraiche to the glaze and boil it for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add the butter, one cube at a time, allowing each piece of butter to fully dissolve before adding the next one.
4. When the last of butter has just melted, remove the pan from the heat and strain out the shallots if desired.
5. Season the beurre blanc sauce with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
cook 1 cup of baby lentil according to directions, drain and set aside (but keep warm)
In a large skillet heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add one bunch of rinsed and chopped spinach. It will wilt in less than a minute so keep an eye on it. Toss it once with a fork to wilt uniformly then remove from heat.
To assemble the dish:
Place wilted spinach in the center of the dish. Spoon some baby lentil on the sides. Spoon some Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce all around the vegetables. Now carefully, with a flat spatula, lift the fish off the parchment paper and place it on the top of the spinach.
Sit down and eat, you certainly earned it!